NEW YORK CHIROPRACTOR DEFENSE ATTORNEYS
Doctors who practice the fine art and science of chiropracty face the same potential of experiencing lawsuits and other litigation as do other doctors in other fields of medicine. In the event that you or your practice is facing the threat of legal action from a patient, ensuring that you retain the help of experienced and knowledgeable New York chiropractor defense attorneys is vital to securing a favorable and fair outcome. At Potashnik & Associates, we have a proven track record of success that is defined by:
- Obtaining a high number of dismissals for fraudulently filed negligence claims
- Obtaining favorable settlements in valid cases that lessen the gravity of consequences
- A nuanced understanding of chiropractic techniques in relation to medical negligence laws
The attorneys at Potashnik & Associates are here to be your partners in maintaining a successful chiropractic practice. We can help you to navigate the intimidating negligence claims process and deal with the mitigation of factors that could contribute to further legal action being taken against you and your practice.
The Importance of Hiring a New York Chiropractic Defense Attorney to Avoid License Revocation
One of the biggest threats that being sued for negligence or malpractice holds is the possible revocation of your medical license should the ruling not be in your favor. At Potashnik & Associates, we understand the process a chiropractor must go through in order to restore their license, and it is not an easy path. Should your medical license be revoked, the following conditions are stipulated by law in order to be reconsidered as a licensed medical professional in New York State:
- You must wait 3 years after license revocation before reapplying
- In-depth documents must be completed stating your case and large processing fees are to be paid in full before being considered
- The State Board of Regents will have total discretion as to whether or not your license will be restored
Clearly, hiring the best, brightest and most aggressive defense attorney is your smartest option when facing an accusation of malpractice. Should you lose your license, you will not be able to practice medicine for at least 3 years. The restoration of licensure is not guaranteed, so you must hire a defense team that will leave no stone unturned in the quest to protect your professional integrity.
If you have already lost your license due to a previous lawsuit, we can help guide you through the arduous and trying process of re-licensure. Convincing the State Board of Regents that you deserve to practice medicine again is not an easy task to accomplish. Potashnik & Associates can provide you with the support and advice needed to help instill confidence in the judges that you will not make any future medical mistakes that were related to your license revocation.
Hiring a Chiropractic Specialist Defense Attorney Versus a Generalist Medical Defense Attorney
While there are many qualified and respected medical malpractice defense attorneys in the New York area, it is important for chiropractors to hire a specialized defense team. The field of chiropractic care is different from other medical arts, and hiring an attorney who possesses a thorough understanding of chiropractic therapies can make the difference between a win that protects your future or a loss that destroys your career aspirations. By hiring the attorneys at Potashnik & Associates, you’ll be accessing a deep well of chiropractic legal knowledge that includes:
- The subtle legal differentiation between general medical terms and chiropractic terms
- A physiologic understanding of common chiropractic therapy methodologies
- The varied influences of U.S. medical legislation and laws and how they pertain to the chiropractic field
- A thorough and up-to-date knowledge of state board requirements in New York
Potashnik & Associates – Your #1 Choice for Chiropractic Legal Defense
As a doctor, you must weigh the risks versus the benefits of any treatment you provide to a patient. By working in tandem with your malpractice insurance and state courts, we can help you to achieve the most favorable outcome for the future of your career and practice. Don’t hesitate to contact us today, because the sooner you retain expert help, the sooner you can rest assured that the future is no longer hinging upon the uncertainty of facing a lawsuit without phenomenal legal help.
Submit your review